Renkforce RF100 3D PLA Printer - Helicopters, pocket watches, helicopter flight simulation and more.

Go to content

Renkforce RF100 3D PLA Printer

Hardware > Tools
December 2016, after 3 years of testing and fiddling with 3D printing I bought a Renkforce RF100 PLA printer for 299,00 €. It is a small all metal built 10 x 10 x 10 cm volume printer. 0,1 mm to 0,2 mm layer height, autohome, plug and play. The printer was ready to print after 5 minutes unpacking. It just works fine and the results are very good.
February 2017, so far I had no miss prints hardware related. If something goes wrong it is always in the design or the selfmade handling mistakes. As I have made a lot of smaller parts I use 100% infill. Adhesion seems no problem for me, as I strictly wipe the bed very quickly with aceton as described in the manual. I rather would say that it is hard to get the print from the bed. In between prints you have to shortly switch off and on the printer, as for some reason it forgets the SD card reader. It will not show up in the menu. Otherwise I'm really happy with the printer. I so far used 3 different types of standard PLA and the standard Cura settings which came with the printer.

September 2017, I continues printed some of my watch boxes and some other projects. The only thing which happend once is an unsuccessful filament change where I had to unscrew the hotend to get the last old part out. The easiest way to change the filament is by cuting the inserted filament and press "Load filament" in the menu and simultanously feeding the new filament until the color changes.

November 2017, for some reason the filament stopped to be transported correctly. I checked if there was something on the roll wrong but there it seemed to be ok. Putting a bit pressure onto the filament helped so I checked the hotend. Cleaning the bearing, oiling and cleaning if the transport wheel was done. The old filament was removed and all assemlbed again. Still no transport of the filament. With the help of the Renkforce RF100 forum I could pin down the error to the harness for the extruder. Exchange of the harness with a new one for 7,95€ solved the problem, the printer is up and running again.
P1110705.JPG
P1110675.JPG
P1110659.JPG
P1110658.JPG
P1110647.JPG
P1110646.JPG
P1110644.JPG
P1110642.JPG
P1110640.JPG
P1110638.JPG
P1110636.JPG
P1110631.JPG
P1110630.JPG
P1110629.JPG
P1110627.JPG
P1110626.JPG
P1110623.JPG
P1110622.JPG
P1110621.JPG
P1110620.JPG
P1110619.JPG
P1110618.JPG
P1110616.JPG
P1110572-001.JPG
P1110571-001.JPG
P1110568.JPG
P1110535.JPG
P1110542.JPG
P1110544.JPG
P1110547.JPG
P1110550.JPG
P1110559.JPG
P1110560.JPG
Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-03 um 21.14.54.jpg
P1110453.JPG
P1110477.JPG
P1110479.JPG
P1110480.JPG
P1110483.JPG
P1110490.JPG
P1110410.JPG
P1110407.JPG
P1110394.JPG
P1110392.JPG
P1110391.JPG
P1110389.JPG
P1110385.JPG
P1110346b.jpg
P1110352.JPG
P1110367.JPG
P1110361.JPG
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-31 um 22.46.07.jpg
P1110332.JPG
P1110331.JPG
P1110338.JPG
P1110329.JPG
P1110326.JPG
P1110323.JPG
P1110320.JPG
P1110317.JPG
P1110312.JPG
P1110266.JPG
P1110263.JPG
P1110269.JPG
P1110267.JPG
P1110268.JPG
P1110264-001.JPG
P1110264.JPG
P1110852.JPG
P1110855.JPG
P1110859.JPG
P1110861.JPG
P1110869.JPG
P1120115.JPG
P1120112.JPG
P1120110.JPG
P1120189.JPG
P1120195.JPG
P1120187.JPG
P1120185.JPG
P1120288.JPG
P1120291.JPG
P1120293.JPG
P1120328.JPG
IMG_1906.JPG
P1120415.JPG
P1120410.JPG
P1120405.JPG
P1120400.JPG
B8 Grip.jpg
Osmo.jpg
IMG_9912.JPG
IMG_9910.JPG
IMG_9919.JPG
IMG_9916.JPG
IMG_2748.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG
IMG_2730.JPG
P1120837.JPG
P1120836.JPG
P1120881.JPG
P1120884.JPG
P1120886.JPG
P1120887.JPG
P1120898.JPG
P1120896.JPG
P1120894.JPG
P1120892.JPG
P1120890.JPG
P1120889.JPG
Renkforce RF100 Timelaps Video
Back to content